Road Trip Gallery - Pictures from my travels.
"If you think museums are boring, then you are doing it wrong."
To some people, looking at old stuff behind glass in a museum is the most boring thing a person could do. I look at museums as a window to the past. I love thinking about what individual items went through and what they saw, what they heard, and where they were. For example, a helmet used on D-day. Just think about what that helmet went through. As the old saying goes, "If only items could talk." Here is a list of some of the many museums and historical places I have visited. Not all of them are military related but are all worth a visit!
- National Naval Aviation Museum - Pensacola, Florida (One of my top museums! Huge floor space!)
- Fort Gaines Civil War historical site - Dauphin Island, Alabama
- Smithsonian Air and Space Museum - Washington D.C.
- Smithsonian Museum of American History - Washington D.C.
- United States Holocaust Museum - Washington D.C.
- National Museum of the Marine Corps - Triangle, Virginia (Candidate for my favorite museum, Displays are next-level!)
- NASCAR Hall of Fame - Charlotte, North Carolina
- Johnny Cash Museum - Nashville, Tennessee (Really small museum but well worth admission price!)
- Country Music Hall of Fame - Nashville, Tennessee (Must see if you are a country fan, They have Hank Sr's Martin D-28 guitar!)
- National Museum of the US Air Force - Dayton, Ohio (Massive museum! Collection is in 4 huge aircraft hangars.)
- USS North Carolina Battleship Museum - Wilmington, North Carolina
- Airborne and Special Operations Museum - Fayetteville, North Carolina (Really cool museum with some rare artifacts!)
- Titanic Museum - Pigeon Forge, Tennessee (Incredible Museum! The museum building is a replica of the Titanic!)
- National Museum of the US Navy - Washington D.C.
- Mount Vernon - Mount Vernon, Virginia (George Washington's house, must see if you're a Colonial America fan!)
- South Carolina Civil War Museum - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (A nice display of Confederate artifacts from the area!)
- Marquette Maritime Museum - Marquette, Michigan
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum - Negaunee, Michigan
- Henry Ford Museum - Dearborn, Michigan (Many iconic artifacts on display. Including the JFK assassination car, the Rosa Parks bus, and the chair Lincoln was sitting in when shot by Booth.)
- K.I. Sawyer Heritage Air Museum - Gwinn, Michigan
- Michigan Military Heritage Museum - Grass Lake, Michigan